Friday, August 24, 2012

PCB arrival



Hooray! My new custom circuit boards for my battery impedance tester project just arrived. Now I can start assembling a prototype and get some code going on the micro (Picaxe 20X2). I should be able to achieve 350 micro-ohm resolution, which should be good as most of the batteries I intend to test are 4000 uOhms and greater when new. This should give me a good idea of the battery health. I intend to cycle the 1 Ohm load across the battery and measure the voltage drop with the 12-bit ADC. I haven't decided if I'm going to ramp it up PWM style or just switch it on, read voltage, then back off. I will have to try both ways and see what works best.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your work. It is refreshing to see there are still some red-blooded electronic enthusiast and tinkerers.
    I personally like your paper and pencil schematics, reminds me of the famous Forrest Mims notebooks sold at Radio Shack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you like the projects. I have tried using schematic drawing programs to moderate success in the past, but I feel that the quickest way to flesh out the idea in my head is just drawing it out on graph paper. Then sometimes I formalize it into a computerized schematic later on...

      Delete